Fat Transfer is a relatively new procedure that can offer patients an alternative to tradition breast implants. The procedure works by removing fat from a patient’s own body, processing it to remove impurities and concentrate fat cells, and re-injecting it into areas of the body where additional fat is desired.
You or someone you know has said, If I could only move the fat from my thighs to my breasts! Today, with the help of some amazing techniques and technology, you can! It’s called Breast Fat Transfer or Breast Augmentation and its a term you will hear more and more.
Since you are here, its safe to say you’re looking for a fix for your breasts. Whether it is the droop from having children, the loss of volume from losing weight, or just the need for some firmness and shape with a little size increase, breast fat transfer, also known as natural breast augmentation, can help.
At Innovations Medical, Dallas / Ft. Worth, Dr. Bill Johnson begins with choosing an area that has your unwanted fat. This fat is harvested via awake liposuction known as tumescent liposuction. It is done completely while you are awake using local anesthetic and mild sedation. Dr. Bill Johnson performs the procedure in the office, and special techniques are used to treat the fat sterilely.
Once the fat has been processed to remove fluids, Dr. Johnson is left with a natural, filler substance ready for reinjection. Dr. Johnson then injects the fat into the breast tissue to achieve the desired look and size. Since most of the breast tissue is made up of fat, the end result looks and feels natural too!
Typically, patients can return to work the next morning.
Natural Breast Augmentation – Before and After*
*Results may vary.
About Breast Augmentation
Recently, breast augmentations became the most popular cosmetic procedure performed in the United States, quickly followed by liposuction. It was only a matter of time before the two procedures became one. Now, an exciting new procedure called Natural Breast Augmentation, or Autologous Fat Transfer, allows patients to enjoy natural breast enhancement, without going under anesthesia, and with minimal downtime.
Those who are good candidates for breast fat transfer are:
- Women with a large A to double D cup size that want to increase the size of their breasts.
- Women who do not like how the top portion of their clothes fit.
- Women who have experienced droopiness of the breast after:
- Weight loss
- Result of aging
- Women with one breast larger than the other.
- Women who have had breast implants removed for capsule formation or leakage.
- Men who would like some enhancement in the pectoral area.
Those that are NOT good candidates for breast fat transfer are:
- Women with breast implants in place.
- Women with very small breasts (less than a full A cup) the skin does not allow enough fat to be placed.
- Women with extremely droopy breasts. For example: if the breast overlaps the skin underneath by more than four (4) inches, reduction and implants should be considered.
- Extremely slender women that do not have adequate fat to harvest from other areas.