Innovation in Breast Augmentation
Dr. Bill Johnson of Innovations Medical was one of the first physicians in North Texas to perform Natural Breast Augmentation (fat transfer to the breast). He has performed over 1000 fat transfer procedures and over 300 Natural Breast Augmentation procedures. Dr. Johnson is an innovator in the field, part of why we are called Innovations Medical. Breast fat transfer is performed at both our Dallas and Fort Worth offices.
How does fat transfer work?
Fat Transfer is a relatively new procedure that can offer patients an alternative to traditional breast implants. The procedure works by removing fat from a patient’s own body, processing it to remove impurities and concentrate fat cells, and re-injecting it into areas of the body where additional fat is desired.
You or someone you know has said If I could only move the fat from my thighs to my breasts! Today, with the help of some amazing techniques and technology, you can! It’s called Breast Fat Transfer or Breast Augmentation and it is a term you will hear more and more.
Since you are here, it’s safe to say you’re looking for a fix for your breasts. Whether it is the droop from having children, the loss of volume from losing weight, or just the need for some firmness and shape with a little size increase, breast fat transfer, also known as natural breast augmentation, can help.
How is the Procedure Performed?
At Innovations Medical, Dallas / Ft. Worth, Dr. Bill Johnson begins with choosing an area that has your unwanted fat. This fat is harvested via awake liposuction known as tumescent liposuction. It is done completely while you are awake using local anesthetic and mild sedation. Dr. Bill Johnson performs the procedure in the office and special techniques are used to treat the fat sterilely.
Once the fat has been processed to remove fluids, Dr. Johnson is left with a natural, filler substance ready for reinjection. Dr. Johnson then injects the fat into the breast tissue to achieve the desired look and size. Since most of the breast tissue is made up of fat, the end result looks and feels natural too!
Typically, patients can return to work the next morning.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Before and After
*Results may vary.
About Breast Augmentation
Recently, breast augmentations became the most popular cosmetic procedure performed in the United States, quickly followed by liposuction. It was only a matter of time before the two procedures became one. Now, an exciting new procedure called Natural Breast Augmentation, or Autologous Fat Transfer, allows patients to enjoy natural breast enhancement, without going under anesthesia, and with minimal downtime.
What is the Cost of a Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
A natural breast augmentation (fat transfer to the breasts) costs $2,500-4000 for the actual fat transfer. When calculating the cost, the liposuction to obtain the fat used to transfer must also be added. This can add $2,500 to several thousand dollars to the total.
Often the price of the liposuction is bundled with the natural breast augmentation to give a discount for the package. For example, a common package we do is upper and lower stomach with love handles and fat transfer to the breast for $7,500-8,500.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Fat Transfer?
- Women with a large A to double D cup size that want to increase the size of their breasts. Read our blog for more information: Breast Cup Size Explained.
- Women who do not like how the top portion of their clothes fit.
- Women who have experienced droopiness of the breast from:
- Weight loss
- Result of aging
- Women with one breast larger than the other. See What Are The Causes Of Uneven Breasts.
- Women who have had breast implants removed for capsule formation or leakage.
- Men who would like some enhancement in the pectoral area.
Who is NOT a Good Candidate for Breast Fat Transfer:
- Women with breast implants in place.
- Women with very small breasts (less than a full A cup) the skin does not allow enough fat to be placed.
- Women with extremely droopy breasts. For example: if the breast overlaps the skin underneath by more than four (4) inches, reduction and implants should be considered.
- Extremely slender women that do not have adequate fat to harvest from other areas.
Natural Breast Augmentation is performed at both our Dallas and Fort Worth locations.
See our blogs on Natural Breast Augmentation:
- Changes Are in Demand
- What Causes Uneven Breasts
- What is Breast Augmentation?
- Breast Cup Size Explained