Dr. Johnson explains how Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) offers better results for fat grafting in Dallas, TX.
What is Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting)?
Fat Transfer is also called fat grafting or “autologous fat grafting”. The term “autologous” means that we are grafting or transferring the fat to the same person from which it was removed. Fat transfer is one of the fastest-growing procedures in cosmetic surgery. In fact, fat transfer to the buttocks or the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is the fastest growing procedure in cosmetic surgery. Innovations Medical and Dr. Bill Johnson were one of the first practices in Dallas/Fort Worth to do fat transfer and BBL procedures. With over 700 BBL procedures and nearly 1,000 fat transfer procedures performed, we are one of the most experienced fat transfer practices in Dallas/Fort Worth and all of Texas.
Why Use Fat Transfer (Fat Grafting)?
Fat transfer allows us to take fat from one (or more) areas of the body where we don’t want it and use it to enhance an area where we do want it. Early on, we at Innovations Medical recognized that fat is the ideal filler to add volume to any body area where more volume is desired. Advantages of fat transfer include:
- The procedure uses your own tissue. There is no chance for an adverse or allergic reaction.
- Fat used for transfer is available in larger volumes. Other facial fillers are $500-1,000 per milliliter. Up to 1-2 liters of fat can be harvested and used on multiple body areas for a tiny fraction of the cost.
- The transferred fat is long-lasting. Other fillers like Restylane or Radiesse last from 6-12 months. The transferred cells that survive initial transplantation have been shown to survive for many years. Current techniques result in 50-70% cell survival. New techniques like Platelet Rich Plasma added to the transfer procedure can increase cell survival to over 90%.
Fat grafting is typically replacing or adding fat where fat is wanted or has been lost. Two examples:
- Facial fat is lost with aging. A facial fat transfer restores the lost fat with the tissue that was lost.
- Similarly, most of the volume of a woman’s breast is fat tissue. Transferring fat to the breast adds volume using the tissue that is natural for the female breast.
- The procedure is low risk. The fat is obtained using Tumescent Liposuction, a very safe office-based procedure. The recovery times are short. Most patients who undergo a fat grafting procedure to areas other than the face return to work in 1-2 days. Facial fat transfer patients typically return to work in about a week.
Common Fat Transfer Procedures
Fat grafting can be done on many areas of the body. Some of the most popular include:
- Natural Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Fat Transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- Buttock Thread Lift
- Face (We use a special technique called FAMI Fat Autologous Muscle Injection)
- Other areas requiring volume scars, dimples, etc.
Whether you’re interested in exploring new ways to achieve a more youthful face or simply want to enhance your figure with a fat transfer to the buttocks our clinic can certainly help with its innovative approach to aesthetic surgery. Click here to see our clinic locations and learn how to schedule your free consultation.
Natural Breast Augmentation
Taking fat from your bottom and moving it to your bust. Think it’s just science fiction? Not anymore. Breast Fat Transfer is the new organic way of increasing breast size and volume and Innovations Medical can help you with your transformation. Choose an area of unwanted fat, and allow Dr. Johnson to do his magic. Using Activated SmartFat, Dr. Bill Johnson carefully injects your own fat into your breast. The procedure is done while you are awake, and you can return to work the next morning. Natural Breast Augmentation is perfect for restoring breast after pregnancy, weight loss, or when just size increase is wanted. See our blogs What is Breast Augmentation?, Natural Breast Augmentation Boast Beautiful Busts: Using Fat Transfer to Enhance Breasts
Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL)
It’s no secret that the buttocks have received more and more press coverage over the years. Jennifer Lopez, Serena Williams, Kim Kardashian are all part of this movement. Innovations Medical can provide the larger, rounder, lifted buttocks that are so sought after right now with a Brazilian Butt Lift. The best part is that you can achieve this new look by using unwanted fat from your own body. Transfer the fat from your abdomen, inner thighs, even arms into your buttocks, permanently. Check out our blogs on BBL What is the 3D Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL?, So You’ve Had a Brazilian Butt Lift… Now What?
Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting to Hands
One of the easiest places to spot someone’s age is their hands. It’s an easily forgettable area when we think about aging. There are some really good procedures that can help address age spots, wrinkles, crepe paper skin, but with fat transfer, Innovations Medical can help restore the youthful plumpness back into those hands. Hands Fat Transfer is a very simple, very quick (10-15 min) procedure that can be done in conjunction with your liposuction or fat transfer procedure. At Innovations Medical, we refer to Hands Fat Transfer as an add on fat transfer area. Priced extremely reasonably, hands should be on everyone’s to-do list when fighting to age. How Old Are Your Hands?
Check out our blogs on fat transfer: