- Whether you’ve recently had a baby or you’re a gym junkie who can’t seem to get your desired results, everyone has stubborn fat that they can’t seem to get rid of. And, all the confidence and body positivity in the world doesn’t change the fact that you may not like how certain outfits fit on you. For those struggling to slim down certain body parts, liposuction may be the best option for you. But, what body areas can the procedure treat?
There are tons of options when it comes to liposuction. And, new lipo procedures offer less discomfort, downtime, and faster recovery with less bruising and postoperative pain when compared to traditional liposuction. Procedures like Thermage stimulate the formation of new collagen, resulting in firmer, tighter skin, while SmartLipo uses a laser to melt fat and tighten the skin. It’s done through a tiny incision, and as a result, there is minimal scarring. Other popular liposuction options include:
Common Body Areas for Liposuction
When considering liposuction as a cosmetic alternative, it can be very helpful to look at specific body areas. Liposuction can be done almost anywhere there is body fat. However, several body areas are done commonly and have well-established, excellent results. The most popular areas are:
- Abdomen or tummy — including the upper and lower abdomen
- Lateral abdomen or love handles
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs or saddlebags
- Upper arms
- Neck and jowls
- Mid-back (bra-line)
- Calves and ankles
- Sacrum (the lower middle back)
Who is a good candidate for liposuction?
Both women and men can be candidates for liposuction. But, there are some conditions that make for an ideal candidate. You should be fairly close to your ideal body weight. Liposuction shouldn’t be used as a quick weight-loss solution, only to address stubborn areas. Other ideal candidates include:
- Men or women who don’t like how their shirts or pants fit
- Women who have had a baby but struggle with slimming back down
- People who are getting treatment because they want to, and not because someone is pressuring them to do so
- People who are of sound mental health
- People with no history of eating disorders
Contact Innovations Medical for Liposuction
If you’re looking to slim down trouble areas, Innovations Medical is here for you. Our skilled professionals help you decide which treatment is best for you – keeping you informed and confident in the next steps. We’ve been helping our patients look and feel their best since 2005, and even our most advanced procedures are often minimally invasive.