Laser Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that has received growing attention. If you’re wondering if this procedure is right for you, and what role the laser plays, the following guide can help.
Dr. Bill Johnson and the talented cosmetic surgery professionals at Innovations Medical are true pioneers in the area of laser liposuction procedures. Our SmartLipo MPX® approach to laser liposuction was the first procedure in Texas to take advantage of this state-of-the-art technology. Since introducing laser liposuction to the Dallas-Fort Worth region, we’re proud to have performed more than 5000 of these procedures.
Laser Liposuction Explained
Laser liposuction integrates a medical laser into regular tumescent-based liposuction, which is basically an outpatient approach using local anesthesia. The laser not only helps to melt away fat, but also can tighten skin. The laser is introduced through a small, quarter-inch incision, making it a true minimally invasive procedure.
Despite the effectiveness of liposuction, one difficulty associated with any type of liposuction is sagging skin. By using a laser just under the skin as part of the liposuction procedure, cosmetic surgeons can achieve exceptional skin tightening results. Doing so combines the body-shaping and fat-removal advantages of liposuction with skin tightening results from a laser.
Benefits of Laser Liposuction
Laser liposuction can help people looking to achieve certain appearance goals have a slimmer and smoother body with tighter skin. Laser liposuction can help patients in the following ways:
- Promotes Natural Healing: Laser liposuction actually uses a laser to produce a healing response in skin over the area receiving liposuction. This therapeutic response leads to new collagen formation and tighter, healthier skin.
- Reduces Loose and Sagging Skin: Connective tissue under the skin is also tightened as new collagen forms. This results in less saggy skin, and size reduction.
- Reduces Visible Scarring: Using smaller incisions results in less visible scarring compared to other liposuction techniques.
- Achieves Better Results: SmartLipo at Innovations Medical involves suctioning tools. Results can be particularly impressive when combined with other techniques, such as our vibration-assisted TickleLipo.
If you have reached weight loss goals through diet and exercise, but you are still dealing with problem areas, laser liposuction can be a highly effective solution.
Laser Liposuction Recovery
The length of the procedure depends on the number and size of the areas involved. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and typically takes about 45 minutes to an hour per area. After returning home, patients are usually drowsy and want to sleep. To achieve optimal recovery, the following steps are recommended the night after undergoing laser liposuction:
- Eat a meal and stay hydrated. Tumescent liposuction is very dehydrating. Patients are encouraged to drink two to four quarts of a sports drink that can replenish electrolytes, like Gatorade or Powerade.
- Take prescribed pain relief medication at bedtime. Patients should take medication at bedtime to avoid pain during the night. After the first dose, pain medication should only be taken as needed.
- Move around your house for a few minutes a couple times a day. The first one-to-two days after the procedure you may be sore and swollen.
Most people are able to return to work in one or two days. Swelling can last around three-to-four weeks, but may last longer.
What Results Can You Expect from Laser Liposuction
Some results may be seen initially, but the final results of a laser liposuction procedure are generally not seen for six-to-12 months. Laser liposuction patients can expect to schedule return visits at one week, three months, and six months.
In some situations, patients may benefit from a touch-up procedure to improve or enhance the results. The earliest that this may be considered is at six months. National statistics show touch-ups occur in approximately 20% of cases, but Innovations Medical does touch-ups on closer to 8% of all cases.
Laser Liposuction Cost
Tumescent laser liposuction procedures can generally range in cost from $2,000 to $4,000 per body area. At Innovations Medical, we price body areas as pairs. This means both arms, both inner thighs, and both love handles, while the abdominal region is divided into upper and lower regions.
When comparing pricing for liposuction procedures, particularly laser lipo, be sure to compare accurately with other providers. For example, some centers may not suction an area after using the laser, leaving most of the fat. Some may price just one arm or love handles and some centers mark small areas.
Innovations Medical wants to be able to help the widest range of budgets and treatment plans. From financing options, to combining treatments, to breaking up procedures, we want to help you find a good balance of results and value.
Contact Innovations Medical to Learn More About SmartLipo Laser Liposuction Procedures
If you’re looking for a younger and slimmer-looking appearance, Innovations Medical is here for you. Our skilled professionals help you decide which treatment is best for you – keeping you informed and confident in the next steps. We’ve been helping our patients look and feel their best since 2005, and even our most advanced procedures are often minimally invasive.