Aside from the fact, the procedure gives patients long-lasting results through a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure, the recovery period for this kind of butt augmentation is really pretty quick.
Who is a Candidate for Brazillian Butt Lift (BBL) Surgery?
A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is an ideal procedure for those patients who are looking to boost their booty without using buttock implants. You need to have a good skin tone in the hips and buttocks and adequate fat from a harvest site. The BBL procedure gives patients long-lasting results with a minimally invasive procedure.
Recovery from a Brazillian Butt Lift Surgery (BBL)
The recovery period for this kind of buttock augmentation is really pretty quick. Here are a few tips from Dr. Johnson for recovering from your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure to ensure the best results – and the best butt!
- Prepare for Post-Op. You should expect to have some swelling after the procedure. Typically, swelling goes away within about four weeks. Depending on the area of liposuction, you may have bruising. Some patients report temporary numbness at the liposuction site, depending on the liposuction procedure used.
- Compression is Key. After your procedure, you will be placed in a compression garment. Wearing the garment is highly encouraged because it helps your body reduce swelling caused by tumescent fluid that was used to numb the site of liposuction. You will most likely only have to wear the garment for a few days. You may want to wear the garment for as long as it is comfortable to speed up the reduction of swelling.
- Warm Back Up to Working Out. You can expect to return to your normal activities within one day of your procedure – and you should. Patients are encouraged to walk in order to help reduce swelling. Don’t worry about how many steps you’re getting in – but instead just focus on getting up and moving for about ten to twenty minutes a few times minutes at a time several times a day. You should not run or do any other kind of strenuous exercise that works out your buttocks, such as squats or kickboxing, for two weeks to allow the transferred fat cells a chance to stabilize. Slowly work back to your regular workout routine once you have been cleared by Dr. Johnson.
- Stay Hydrated. The liposuction portion of the butt lift procedure can be dehydrating for many patients. Be sure to drink water after the procedure to rehydrate and keep your cells healthy. Staying hydrated will also help flush out any remaining tumescent fluid and further reduce swelling.
- Follow Up. Be sure to keep your post-op check-ups to make sure you are healing and everything looks good.
- Call. If you’re experiencing pain, or have questions regarding your recovery, take the time to call Dr. Johnson for answers and advice. More questions? Give Dr. Johnson a call to discuss the Brazilian Butt Lift by calling 214-643-8665.
Tips to maximize your Brazilian butt lift! What goes up doesn’t have to come down. Put your best butt forward after a Brazilian butt lift. Follow these tips to get the most out of your new booty.