Numbers Don't Lie: Liposuction Second in Top Cosmetic Procedures in 2017
New numbers from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that, once again, liposuction was one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures of 2017. The body-sculpting procedure retained its No. 2 position with 246,354 procedures, an increase of 5 percent over 2016. So, why is liposuction so popular? Find out in this blog.
1. Liposuction Gets Rid of Stubborn Fat. Stubborn fat that just won't go away is frustrating. This frustration is understandable - after all, you've worked hard to achieve your goal weight and to tone your body. You don't have to live with stubborn fat; you can get rid of these stubborn and unsightly areas that won't budge by choosing a SmartLipo liposuction procedure.
2. Liposuction Makes You Look Great. Removing stubborn fat helps to reshape your body and give you new curves to show off. SmartLipo has additional skin-tightening benefits compared to traditional or other liposuction procedures, giving you even more shapely final results.
3. Liposuction Makes You Feel Great, Too. Getting rid of stubborn fat can make you not only look great, but it can also cause your self-esteem to skyrocket. Looking great can also translate to increased self-confidence, and many people report better social and personal relationships, too, after their procedure.
4. Liposuction Is Versatile. SmartLipo is very precise, which allows Dr. Johnson to treat a wide variety of body areas. Best results are seen in the midsection/abdomen, buttocks, thighs, lower back and upper arms. Liposuction can be especially useful for body areas you cannot tone quickly, such as the midsection or upper arms, no matter how much you work out. (Model Chrissy Teigen even had stubborn fat liposuctioned from her armpits.)
5. Liposuction Is Permanent. The fat cells removed through liposuction are gone forever from the area you have treated. However, that does not mean that new fat cells won't form if you gain weight. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help sustain your new shape.
6. Liposuction Is Safe. Liposuction is very safe, especially when performed by an expert like Dr. Johnson. The results of liposuction are also reliable and consistent when you choose a skilled and experienced provider.
Want to learn more about liposuction? Call us today at 214-643-8665 for more information.